POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Media Speedup Question : Media Speedup Question Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:35:30 EDT (-0400)
  Media Speedup Question
From: Tony[B]
Date: 21 Nov 2001 20:08:18
Message: <3bfc5002@news.povray.org>
I have noticed that when I have atmospheric media in a scene, and a light
and an object I want to interact with the media, I have to use very high
numbers of samples and intervals to get nice "rays". (Imagine a sphere with
holes, and a light inside and media around, and the nice rays of light that
pop through the holes.) How come 3dsmax does this sort of thing quickly and
well? How can this be improved? There must be some trick or shortcut that
will provide the same look with less computational cost... right?